Call Now - Schedule Confidential Consultation
Practice Areas
Post-Judgement Modification
Under certain circumstances, a final judgment that awarded alimony and/or child support, or determined a parenting plan and timesharing schedule may be modified.

Modification of Alimony. In life, unforeseen situations may arise that make it unfair to continue abiding by an outdated alimony award. People may get married, get laid off from their job, obtain a new job, or become ill or disabled. Depending on the situation, the type of alimony awarded and whether it was designated as modifiable or non-modifiable, an award of alimony may be modified by showing a substantial change in circumstances that was not contemplated at the time of the final judgment and which is material, involuntary and permanent in nature. Whether you’re the spouse who in favor of the modification or the one opposing it, the attorneys at The Padron Law Group, P.L.L.C. will listen to your unique facts and determine the appropriate course of action with respect to your alimony modification case.

Modification of Child Support. As children grow up, circumstances sometimes change which allow a parent to apply for a modification of child support. Florida law allows a party to seek a child support modification if the modification is found by the court to be in the best interests of the child; when the child reaches majority; if there is a substantial change in the circumstances of the parties; if child becomes dependent due to mental or physical incapacity; or when a child is emancipated, marries, joins the armed services, or dies. Depending on the amount awarded, child support may be modified when the parent’s financial circumstances materially and unforeseeably change. Our attorneys will work with you and explain the law so that you become fully aware of your all legal rights and responsibilities in your child support modification case.

Modification of Parenting Plan and Timesharing. When a court enters a final judgment with a Parenting Plan for a minor child (or children), the plan should cover all the important aspects of the child’s life. But what happens if the child’s life or life of the child’s parent (or parents) materially changes? Florida law allows a party to apply for a modification of the Parenting Plan or timesharing schedule when there is a showing of a substantial, material, and unanticipated change in circumstances and the modification is in the best interests of the child. If there has been a substantial change in your circumstances since the entry of your child’s Parenting Plan or timesharing schedule, our attorneys will meet with you to discuss all your legal options.
Meet Our Attorneys
Luis M. Padron
Senior Partner
Nicole A. Bauta
Associate Attorney